> Curbside Recycling FAQ's
Curbside Recycling FAQ's
Q: How much does it cost to participate?
A: Nothing! It's a free service to Brown County village residents.
Q: How do I sign up?
A: Stop in Adams Brown Recycling or call 937-378-3431 to sign up! If you stop in, you can take a cart with you that day. If you call in, we delivery carts on the last Friday of the month.
Q: I live outside of a village in Brown County, but I still want to recycle. What can I do?
A: Take your recyclables to one of our convenient Community Drop Boxes in your area. They are available 24/7! Take the same materials listed at the bottom of this page and drop them off.
Q: Do I own my cart?
A: Because the carts are designed to last 20 yrs. And because the carts are relatively expensive (about $50 each), the carts remain property of the Brown County Solid Waste Authority. Each one has a unique serial # and is attached to a specific address. The use of the cart for curbside recycling purposes is provided free to the residents of INCORPORATED Brown County Villages.
Q: What do I do if I move out of a Brown County village or quit curbside?
A: Simply call Adams Brown Recycling at 937-378-3431 to arrange to have your cart picked up.
Q: What if my cart breaks?
A: If you have any trouble with your cart please call Adams Brown Recycling at 937-378-3431 for a free repair.
Q: What if my cart is stolen?
A: Please notify Adams Brown Recycling at 937-378-3431 as soon as possible. Because each cart has its own unique serial #, we have a reasonable chance of recovering your cart. If you notice a cart that looks out of place, please let us know that as well. Curbside participants are not financially liable for the cost of a stolen cart, but we do ask you to take reasonable precaution to prevent theft. The Brown County Solid Waste Authority reserves the right to limit service for addresses with repeated problems.
Q: What if the curbside driver misses my cart?
A: If the driver misses your cart please contact Adams Brown Recycling at 937-378-3431. We will make arrangements to get your material picked up.
Q: Why are some items left in my cart after pickup?
A: Items left in your bin after a pick-up mean that they aren't recyclable.
What things can I put in my bin?
- Aluminum cans.
- Steel food cans including the lid
- Plastic - bottles, jars, and jugs. These include pop or shampoo bottles, milk, juice, water, laundry detergent and bleach jugs. Remove and throw away lids.
- Mixed-Paper - Office paper, newspaper (remove plastic bag), magazines, envelopes, flattened cardboard, phonebooks, and paperboard (ie. Cereal boxes, etc.).
What are some things I can't put in my bin?
- Plastic bags
- Plastic lids
- Plastic cups & dishes
- Plastic flower pots/containers
- Microwave dishes, trays, or bowls
- Clamshell type containers
- Light Bulbs
- Margarine, yogurt, cottage cheese, or similar containers
- Laminated material
- Motor oil, herbicide, & pesticide containers.
- Medical supplies
- Dog/cat/bird/animal food bags
- Glass - any type ** We still accept clean glass bottle, jars, & jugs at Adams Brown Recycling, just not in curbside